Tuesday

Finesse Originals wall sculpture


First time I came across one of Finesse Originals wall sculpture was at a local antique store,  it was a piece with horses and knights on it. (similar to the picture on the left).  A few years’ back I ended up buying one at Courtyard antiques here in Oklahoma. Though this piece seems to be metal, but in reality it is fiberglass on a metal frame.



Finesse Originals wall sculpture purchased few years back, on
the wall in my home
This picture gives the scale of the wall
sculpture

About a week back I bought my second Finesse Originals piece at another local antique store. But this one has a story behind it. This piece came from a family owned grocery store that recently went out of business after 122 years. Established in 1889 on the day of the famous “Oklahoma land run”, the store was located in an affluent part of town. (It is another story how the store was forced out of business by a company that has nothing to do with groceries).

Newest find 
I bought it since it is part of the local history and also part of my butter buying history, since for past several years I had bought my French butter from that grocery store, as they were the only ones to carry it. 

My previous post was on antique silver, I was asked by my blogger friend of Architect Design to post some pictures of what I got. I am including a few pictures of some small silver (sterling and silver plate) pieces that we have rescued in the past months.  We did not pay a fortune to acquire them anyway; we just got lucky and ended up at the right places at the right time.
I like both these covered dishes, they hold nuts and candy
in the living room

I am using this one as a planter, square tray was bought new
when silver was cheap 

I am proud of my purchase of this large bowl you can't buy a
plastic one for the price

Salt and pepper shakers (the candle holders are part of
existing collection)

more salt n pepper shaker

and more salt n pepper shaker



We love this silverware set serving for 24 which turned out
beautiful after a wash and some polishing
Credits: google, paisley curtain etc