Monday

Riding in 1957 Ford Fairlane Coupe


My friend Richard bought a 1957 Ford Fairlane Coupe about a year back. In the past year the car has won numerous awards in car shows around the state. Interestingly though we both are members of Mercedes Benz club of America and meet often, but I did not have a chance to see the car in person.

Few days back Richard asked me if I could do a painting of his Ford.  Since it was not possible for the car to do sessions with me while I do its portrait, I had to photograph it and use those photographs to do the painting. This weekend I went to photograph the car, after that Richard took me for a drive in the beautiful car. It was a unique experience. The car rides so smooth and the V8 engine has so much power that on the turnpike it drove like a dream.



Beautiful curvaceous body
 





Miles of real Chrome on the car




View from inside



Massive V8 engine that the car shares with Ford Thunderbird
 Picture credits: MK